Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone shed light on the meaning of these symbols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all,

May be a little strange request, but I had a new SDS+ drill bought for me for xmas and though it is similar to my last one which died in service, it has two LED lights on the handle. One is green and has the universally accepted symbol for power above it and this indeed lights up to show the drill is plugged in.

The other LED is looks red but may only light in certain circumstances and this is whats puzzling me. The manual shows me all the operating instructions in six languages but however does not show or mention the LEDs at all.

The drill is a silverline silver storm and I even considered contacting them but can't due to the holidays. So if anyone knows the meaning of the box like symbols please let me know, its purely for interest but its really bugging me. :)

Thanks..........Al

Attachments

• leds.JPG
    leds.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 168
Ohh. It could be the "Stealth Mode" LED. Because you wouldn't be able to see it in stealth mode... ;)

In my experience in repairing hand tools, the red led indicator is usually a service light, indicating that the brushes need replacing

Hi to all,

May be a little strange request, but I had a new SDS+ drill bought for me for xmas and though it is similar to my last one which died in service, it has two LED lights on the handle. One is green and has the universally accepted symbol for power above it and this indeed lights up to show the drill is plugged in.

The other LED is looks red but may only light in certain circumstances and this is whats puzzling me. The manual shows me all the operating instructions in six languages but however does not show or mention the LEDs at all.

The drill is a silverline silver storm and I even considered contacting them but can't due to the holidays. So if anyone knows the meaning of the box like symbols please let me know, its purely for interest but its really bugging me. :)

Thanks..........Al

Merry Xmas Al,

Looking at the silverline products I would guess its a battery status indicator.

Attachments

• 263768_Z1MANPRO1.PDF
    2 MB · Views: 240
Hi guys,

Happy christmas and good coming year to all, did you get the last snow Eric?

I should have said that the drill is 240v and not battery and Cobra1 may be right about the service light. That said it may also be that the body is common to more models including some battery ones and the light may be redundant.

I guess I won't know until it either comes on or I get a reply from silverline.

Anyway all the best to you all and lets have a good new year............Al

I don't understand the problems you have.

The product description is written in six languages which are "GB" = English, "F" = French, "D" = German, "ESP" = Spanish, "I" = Italian and "NL" = Dutch.

Just refer to the language close to yours. :)

and merry Christmas.

Boncuk

I think the problem is that there is no mention of the LEDS in the manual. Is there a section on maintainence or brush replacement in the manual???

I think the problem is that there is no mention of the LEDS in the manual. Is there a section on maintainence or brush replacement in the manual???

Hi cobra1, yes you are right, no mention of LEDs, but sadly no mention of brush replacement, even though a spare set is provided. So far I think the service light idea is the most likely.

Al

it could be the drill is not copping well with the material your drilling eg solid metal and its stressing the motor out too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back