Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone identify this 3.5mm (1/8") audio jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyAyXGhF

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can identify this 3.5mm (1/8") audio jack. It mounts vertically on the PCB, with nice supports and it also mounts to the panel. I've gone through the mouser, digikey, allied, jameco and switchcraft site without turning up anything.

Here's a picture: **broken link removed**

I'm not beginning to wonder if it's a custom bracket with an open-frame jack housed inside, with leads going off onto the PCB.

Or maybe those brackets are available separately somewhere?

Maybe someone has seen another component that will fit the bill? A mono jack is fine in this case..

Thanks

you probably need to browse far east parts catalogs. just keep in mind that certain items may be manufactured for a few years and discontinued, and to buy from some of the parts houses that might carry that part, minimum orders are probably in lots of 1,000...

I've seen some similar to that mounting in audio equipment. You may not be able to find an exact replacement. If the manufacturer is making enough copies of this item, it can be feasable to have the jacks custom-made.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I still haven't dug anything up in catalogues. Now I'm considering just drawing up some similar brackets and fabricating them if I can't find anything that'll do the job.

Look closely at the jacks, see if you can spot the name of the manufacturer.

I don't actually have a physical version of this, so I can't see a manufacturer's name on it.. I only have the pictures to go by. I'm starting to think now that it's a separate bracket that's holding the jack. Not sure if the brackets are custom jobbies or available though.

I don´t think those are brackets, since they carry the signal from the jacks.
Have you tried contacting the original manufacturer of the thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back