Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick8888

hi all im new to the forum.

i want to build a project for my digital class. i had heard of someone who built a small tracking system with a satelite type dish that would move and act like a satelie dish honing in on a signal. the signal that was traced was a laser pointer. i was hoping i could do a step up on that and actually use a frequency or a sine wave. i need it to be fairly small and i was hoping to use a hand held type signal generator, use it, and have the dish "follow" me around the class room when i present it to the class. has anyone built anything like this or can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks to all who help!

Heya Maverick

Check out this site, under "Solar Power Schematics"

There are a few tracking systems that are designed to function similar to what you are looking for, but the systems are obviously based upon solar light. I'm not sure if these will work, but I suppose it is a start.

Some of the concepts also include some very basic mechanics, but I figured you could use the mechanics to model off of.

I hope this helps a little.
https://www.commlinx.com.au/schematics.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back