Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone help me with my wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMES IRVINE

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if my wiring diagram will work. I'm mainly concerned with the components around the 4069UB, I'm convinced everything to the left of the 4069UB will be fine.
This is a view of a veraboard with the copper tracks having a left/right right/left horizontal arrangement. The capacitor has not been added because I've still to receive the component but it will be placed on the track saying capacitor with both legs on the same track, although may'be that needs to be changed.
Will the capacitor need to have both legs on different tracks? :confused:

All lines are just copper track connections to redirect current.
The original circuit diagram is from this link **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**[/url][/IMG]

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if my wiring diagram will work. I'm mainly concerned with the components around the 4069UB, I'm convinced everything to the left of the 4069UB will be fine.
This is a view of a veraboard with the copper tracks having a left/right right/left horizontal arrangement. The capacitor has not been added because I've still to receive the component but it will be placed on the track saying capacitor with both legs on the same track, although may'be that needs to be changed.
Will the capacitor need to have both legs on different tracks? :confused:

All lines are just copper track connections to redirect current.
The original circuit diagram is from this link **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**[/url][/IMG]

I think you are talking about Capacitor C1 (2.2uF). If the component is mounted on a horizontal line, the copper track between the pins of cap must be Broken.

A More serious observation-- Please see --you left the tracks between the IC pins shorted ( say between 1&14, 2&13, 3&12, 4&11, 5&10, 6&9 and 7&8). There need to be track cuts at these points also. Like this you may have to check many other locations.

Last edited:
The drawing that was posted on another website has a link that does not work. Please attach the drawing here.

The CD4069 oscillator circuit is wrong:
1) The capacitor must not be a polarized electrolytic type as shown.
2) The value of the pot and its series resistor have values much too low for CD4069 IC to drive when its supply is only 5V.

Fix the oscillator by using a 0.1uF 5% metalized film capacitor for C1, using a 50k ohms trimpot for VR1 and a 22k resistor for R2.

Attachments

• inverter's oscillator.PNG
    inverter's oscillator.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 207
The drawing that was posted on another website has a link that does not work. Please attach the drawing here.

The CD4069 oscillator circuit is wrong:
1) The capacitor must not be a polarized electrolytic type as shown.
2) The value of the pot and its series resistor have values much too low for CD4069 IC to drive when its supply is only 5V.

Fix the oscillator by using a 0.1uF 5% metalized film capacitor for C1, using a 50k ohms trimpot for VR1 and a 22k resistor for R2.

The main link is here
**broken link removed**

He has given the wiring pattern even for the 'dotboard'.

thanks a lot sarma sounds good then but what im particularly concerned about is that the capacitor positioning is ok and having the position of the resistor and variable resistor confirmed as being in the correct place in order for it operate the same as this layout in this link **broken link removed**
Uncle scrooge thanks for they values you gave me that makes life so much easier, I never knew it mattered about the values that much I'll think I'll name my circuit after you. By the way how do you get they images up that you do?

To attach a drawing here during a "Post Reply" then click on "Manage Attachements" and click on "Browse". Find the drawing on your hard drive and double click on it to select it. Then click on "Upload" and it will be attached here when you "Submit Reply".

Here is a picture of the chip in a JFET:

Attachments

• 2N3819 FET.PNG
    2N3819 FET.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 138
This is the attachment I attempted to put in my original message earlier, if anyone can be bothered with it, it would be appreciated like I said everything to the left is fine like in the original wiring diagram but I think this layout I've chosen is just exactly the same as in the link in the previous message I sent but obviously having just guessed how it could be rearranged it might be wrong. Especially with the capacitor.

Attachments

• preliminarycircuit2.jpg
    preliminarycircuit2.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 146
thanks a lot sarma sounds good then but what im particularly concerned about is that the capacitor positioning is ok and having the position of the resistor and variable resistor confirmed as being in the correct place in order for it operate the same as this layout in this link **broken link removed**
Uncle scrooge thanks for they values you gave me that makes life so much easier, I never knew it mattered about the values that much I'll think I'll name my circuit after you. By the way how do you get they images up that you do?

In fact your pencil drawing is barely visible. I enlarged and try to understand. there can't be short circuit across a capacitor.thus it is obvious that you may have to create a break in between if the cap is mounted on a single track ., and then use jumper. please see the attached modded .png file. the blue circles are what you have cut and indicated. Green loops are what you jumpered and the red circles are what you may have to do still
A to N are all tracks and 1 to 53 are the other axis of the drilled holes.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot sarma I never realised I had to cut the track with resistors on the same bit of track, sorry about the quality of the drawing and thanks a lot for taking the time to at it, I feel confident now that my circuit is ready for building cheers :D, if u hadn't mentioned that it wouldn't have worked then, just wondering what the red circle at c4 is for?

Thanks a lot sarma I never realised I had to cut the track with resistors on the same bit of track, sorry about the quality of the drawing and thanks a lot for taking the time to at it, I feel confident now that my circuit is ready for building cheers :D, if u hadn't mentioned that it wouldn't have worked then, just wondering what the red circle at c4 is for?

I t is nothing more than component marking. Thereafter I started marking in Orange color. Sorry for the confusion caused in red marking of c4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back