Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psecody

While I was playing around with the 4013 IC I came up with the following(see schematic). Well when the power is connected it lights led 1 and when the push button is pressed then led 1 turns off and led 2 lights up but thats where it ends. What I'm wanting is to wire it so that I can push that same button again and it will turn off led 2 and light led 1 back up. I understand that I need to reset the flip flop but can't come up with a way to do it. I've tried using resistors and caps, and I tried using transistors, and I tried using the other flip flop. I just can't seem to figure it out though I have alot of ideas. Could someone give me maybe like a hint as to how I could go about resetting the circuit with the same button? Thanks

Attachments

• Dual_D_Flip_Flop_IC.png
    Dual_D_Flip_Flop_IC.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 138
psecody said:
While I was playing around with the 4013 IC I came up with the following(see schematic). Well when the power is connected it lights led 1 and when the push button is pressed then led 1 turns off and led 2 lights up but thats where it ends. What I'm wanting is to wire it so that I can push that same button again and it will turn off led 2 and light led 1 back up. I understand that I need to reset the flip flop but can't come up with a way to do it. I've tried using resistors and caps, and I tried using transistors, and I tried using the other flip flop. I just can't seem to figure it out though I have alot of ideas. Could someone give me maybe like a hint as to how I could go about resetting the circuit with the same button? Thanks

You need the system works like this?

1. press once- turn off LED1,turn on LED2
2. press again - turn off Both led's.
3. press once again - repeats...from turn on LED1

Is the way u need?

well just to where:
1. press once- turn off led1, turn on led2
2. press once- turn off led2, turn on led1

I'm not sure if its working right so I did away with led2 and just bridged d and q2 then I took the voltage of d when the led1 on its 9 and when the led1 off its 0. The problem is I can't get it to flop back to its original state.

Last edited:
ok forgive my ignorance but if I had this circuit shouldn't the led turn on with the push of the button then turn off when the button is pushed again?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 106
psecody said:
ok forgive my ignorance but if I had this circuit shouldn't the led turn on with the push of the button then turn off when the button is pushed again?

In your first post u mentioned different thing.now you desiding another.
U need only a flip flop controling with a switch.Has many ways to do this.Here is a simple method using desrete components.

Attachments

• Change Over Circuit.JPG
    Change Over Circuit.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 152
I simplified my first drawing. They're basically the exact same only without led2. its should operate the same way to 1. click for on 2 click for off.
Yeah building it out of discreet components would kind of bypass the point of why I'm doing it. I'm trying to learn more about the 4013 through practice. Its just that this one part was confusing me because what I thought was supposed to happen isn't. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back