Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone design my circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digger

Hello there. I am wondering if some very kind person would be able to design a circuit for me and post it here? I need a 6 volt, pause/pulse, '1 shot' circuit with a switch. When the switch is closed, there will be a delay of 2 seconds before a single pulse of 1 second to power a 6v solenoid.

Thanks guys, if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated!

hi,
This a common circuit using two 555 timers, can you follow it OK.?

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 223
Hi, thanks very much for your help. A few questions; what is U2? This looks like a 12v circuit, do i just change the battery to 6v?

Hi, thanks very much for your help. A few questions; what is U2? This looks like a 12v circuit, do i just change the battery to 6v?

hi,
Ignore U2 thats only for the simulator.
Use 6V instead of 12V if required , but you will of course need a 6V relay

what are v1 and v3? What is the solenoid and what is the switch? Is the red v+ on the right connected to the top of the relay?

what are v1 and v3? What is the solenoid and what is the switch? Is the red v+ on the right connected to the top of the relay?

I have simplified the circuit layout, can you follow it now.?:)

Attachments

• AAesp07.gif
    AAesp07.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 168
He's using a circuit simulator to get this schematic, so some things are for the benefit of the sim.

V1 is the starting pulse for the circuit; this will be supplied by closing your starting switch. (Your switch momentarily connects 6 volts to the base of the transistor through R2.)
V2 is the 6-volt power source.
R9 in the second picture is the relay coil.
Everything else is just as it's shown on the schematic.

Last edited:
You can also use one 556 which is two 555's in one package

Thanks guys. Got a better idea of it now. The 556 is a good tip 'cos I need it to be as compact as possible, although I wouldn't have a clue how to use it? So V1 is not an actual component?

I'll try again; V1 is the switch? So what is V3?

I mis-wrote in my earlier reply. V3 is the pulse. Don't worry about it: just replace it with your pushbutton switch (to your V+ supply, 6 volts).

The 556 is exactly like the 555, except that it has a pair of identical twins. Just follow the pin assignment numbers and you'll be fine. (Vcc and Vdd are shared, so you don't have to connect those twice like you would with two 555s.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back