Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone check this for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeRange_Human

I am currently doing a project at my school, but quite alot of our time for doing the project has gone (due to my being ill). Anyway, my teacher had a look at my basic (oh so basic) idea - which was something to do with using an IR send / reciever circuit. He then talked through what i could do with it, and said that it would meet all the criteria for the project.

However, i cannot realy think of anything for it to do, and it seems a bit over-complicated - so, could any of you do one of two things : See if it realy is overly complicated, and / or find a use for it.

Plusing IR Transmitter -> Ir reciever -> Buffer Amp(maby) -> Integrator -> (comparitor?) ->Catch (with some logic gates which would result in it resetting on a low frequency) -> Driver -> Relay

I realise that that attempted block diagram probibly has insufficient information for you to help me, but i dont have acess to a scanner atm to scan in the diagram :oops: .

FRH

Thanks for that, but would my initial idea be acceptable ? I need to know this, as i know that this meets all the requirements for the course.

Hi Goodpickles,
The opamp in your posted IR receiver circuit doesn't have a reference voltage so I don't think it will work. Its ICs are discontinued too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back