Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can any1 tell me about brain sensors???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailajayrao

hey,
iam a BE E&TC student,im working on a project called "brainwaves controlled appliances". Is any1 havn an idea abt this???:(:confused: if so then pls tel me wat sensor shud i purchase which will catch the thoughts occuring in brain(i,e brainwaves) n give me the amplified output of those small brain signals..if u hve any circuits i wud b realy thankful to them.:)

regards
AJAY RAO:)

thanks bro...bt i dont want to measure brain waves i want to capture it by means of a sensor then want to work on it by amplifyin the weak sensor output...bt im not geting which sensor shud i use for it..

The "sensor" is a pair of metal electrodes (small disks) placed against the skin on the head. Where they are placed depends on what brain activity you are looking for. These two electrodes are wired to the inputs of a high gain differential amplifier. A third electrode is attached (usually) to the ear lobe, or the forehead, and to the common ground of the diff-amp. This helps reduce outside electrical interference. The signals are filtered to separate out the different brain waves (alpha, beta, theta, and delta) from each other and from noise. The particular type of brain wave you select to capture depends on your understanding of which one(s) could be controllable by the person. You need to research brain wave activity.

For EEG circuitry, Google: EEG amplifier circuit.

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back