Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can any one tell this

Status
Not open for further replies.

c36041254

Hi there,

I have two questions to ask if any one have answer

1 ) How does electronic gyroscopes work ? I mean those which doesn't have those ring thing or any other moving mechanism

2 ) I just rad in Robotics Chat section that with salty water RF doesn't work good. Why ?

( The chat was about finding direction underwater with RF or any other wireless technique )

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have two questions to ask if any one have answer

1 ) How does electronic gyroscopes work ? I mean those which doesn't have those ring thing or any other moving mechanism

2 ) I just rad in Robotics Chat section that with salty water RF doesn't work good. Why ?

( The chat was about finding direction underwater with RF or any other wireless technique )

if you google, you might get more info by yourself.
the robotic chat members can better explain what they meant ,

1) By optics. A coil of fibreoptic cable is wound in a spool (very long cable). When the coil is spun, you can measure a red-shift or a blue-**** depending if you rotate it clock-wise or counter clock-wise. This is called the Doppler effect.

2) Because RF is absorbed by (salty) water, just like lead would protect your gonads in a nuclear power-plant by absorbing radiation.

fibre optic gyroscope is the one that uses the interference of light to detect mechanical rotation. The sensor is a coil of as much as 5 km of optical fiber. Two light beams travel along the fiber in opposite directions. Due to the Sagnac effect, the beam traveling against the rotation experiences a slightly shorter path than the other beam. The resulting phase shift affects how the beams interfere with each other when they are combined. The intensity of the combined beam then depends on the rotation rate of the device

if u want to more abt it check out:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre_optic_gyroscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back