Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can any one tell this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You equate seclusion in a gated village atop a Himalayan mountain top to continuously pray and contemplate for elevated human existense as "pure wisdom"? Those men voluntarily gave up having sex with women in exchange for living with other men.... that's not wise!:(

itsallabtamrit said:
i must say sometimes intellects do some mistakes..the question never asked to calculated maximum area..otherwise the area of the die can be the answer..since it's possible that an rectangle of given dimension couln't fit into that die of diameter D..but if we assume that rectangles do fit then i don't think my ans is wrong..
and wat RON H said..exactly in worst case wen only one square is possible 36% is the answer..but we r here to assume the hardest case nt the simplest one..
isn't it..?
You said the answer is 10%. How could it be a fixed percentage, when you don't know the wafer size and the chip dimensions? The waste can only be expressed as a function of those 3 variables.

Ron H said:
You said the answer is 10%. How could it be a fixed percentage, when you don't know the wafer size and the chip dimensions? The waste can only be expressed as a function of those 3 variables.
misconception - he's preassumed some variables i guess.
Addition: crap ... No misconception - you're most likely right... his equations are bad

You equate seclusion in a gated village atop a Himalayan mountain top to continuously pray and contemplate for elevated human existense as "pure wisdom"? Those men voluntarily gave up having sex with women in exchange for living with other men.... that's not wise!

I'd rather choose ascension and enlightenment than having sex and being surrounded by women.

Last edited:
it's a crime to be a newbie..

Ron H said:
if i hv written that waste area is equal to 10%ion once then its wrong..but i guess by mistake i wud hv written it as all along my answer i hv used less than or equal to sign ..may be in a hurry i wud hv scribbled the last line wrong...
may be the way i solved is nt being digested by our electronics expert..and obviously i cant argue much with them..they know more than i do..they hv a wide area of knowledge...
and see the equation once again it contains three variables...

itsallabtamrit said:
if i hv written that waste area is equal to 10%ion once then its wrong..but i guess by mistake i wud hv written it as all along my answer i hv used less than or equal to sign ..may be in a hurry i wud hv scribbled the last line wrong...
may be the way i solved is nt being digested by our electronics expert..and obviously i cant argue much with them..they know more than i do..they hv a wide area of knowledge...
and see the equation once again it contains three variables...
OK, I went back and looked at your equations. I followed them down to and including
so n=D^2*.76/LW
I agree with this in principle (n < ((D^2 *pi)/(4*L*W)). This is basically what you said.
At that point, you lose me. If 10% is wrong (which it has to be), then what do you claim the answer is, in terms of L, W, and A (wafer area)?

Last edited:
Ron H said:
OK, I went back and looked at your equations. I followed them down to and including

I agree with this in principle.
At that point, you lose me. If 10% is wrong (which it has to be), then what do you claim the answer is, in terms of L, W, and A (wafer area)?
look once more..and losing u..i'm here to learn from u all experts nt to play any game...and wafer area do hv 3 variables..i.e L,W,&D..

itsallabtamrit said:
look once more..and losing u..i'm here to learn from u all experts nt to play any game...and wafer area do hv 3 variables..i.e L,W,&D..
I think you read my last post while I was in the process of editing it.

Ron H said:
I think you read my last post while I was in the process of editing it.
c'mon Mr. Ron..wat's wrong in that..i hope the concept is rite..ok..u tell me wats rite then...?i'm so sure that one cant pick a mistake in the concept i'm trying to use..

itsallabtamrit said:
c'mon Mr. Ron..wat's wrong in that..i hope the concept is rite..ok..u tell me wats rite then...?i'm so sure that one cant pick a mistake in the concept i'm trying to use..
Ten percent is wrong. I think you know that. I don't know the right answer. If you do, post it. If not, then let's drop it.

Ron H said:
Ten percent is wrong. I think you know that. I don't know the right answer. If you do, post it. If not, then let's drop it.
i never thought 10% is wrong..it's u whoz saying that it's wrong..and now u've to tell the correct answer..otherwise u dont hv any right to call my answer wrong..better use ur brain and say me the answer..

A constant 10% is wrong. RonH gave an example where wastage was 36%.

Wafer of diameter d, square die with diagonal d.

Area of wafer = pi*d*d/4

Pythagoras:
c*c = a*a + b*b
Replace c with diagonal d, make a = b for side of square.
d*d = a*a + a*a = 2*a*a
Area of die = a*a = d*d/2

Waste area = (pi*d*d/4) - (d*d/2) = (pi - 2)*d*d/4
Waste fraction = [(pi-2)*d*d/4] / [pi*d*d/4] = (pi-2)/pi = 0.36338

It's a bad idea to substitute from an inequality into another formula. An inequality is an equation with an implied correction term, which may or may not be constant. If all the variables cancel out, you're left with a constant that is not adjusted by the correction term.

Last edited:
itsallabtamrit said:
i never thought 10% is wrong..it's u whoz saying that it's wrong..and now u've to tell the correct answer..otherwise u dont hv any right to call my answer wrong..better use ur brain and say me the answer..
Have a look at the examples below.

Attachments

• wafer waste.PNG
    wafer waste.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 144
Nigel Goodwin said:
That explains your avatar then!.
Heck, that stargate wannabe device is for time travel, not enlightenment! Roll up a thick doobie, inhale several times and voila, instant enlightenment and ascension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back