Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can any one help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big H

I am helping my son with a project, he wants to turn on 7 battery toys remotly using a inexspencive just one key fob transmmiter and seven recivers so all tseven toys start at the same time. The toys runs on 2x AA batterys and they have a smal slide switch underside to turn them on or off. He needs to be able to press a key fob and all toys start to opperate and press again and all stop. I can get into the toys and the wire that go's to the switch can be cut and maybe conected to a relay or somthing that is then conected to the reciver. it need not be very powerfull as he stands next to the toys as he opperates them no distance at all. I am just not upto date on this so any help will be welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Big H.

Last edited:
The simplest way would be to use a µC, most likely a PIC. You would have your master transceiver send a packet of data to the slaves. If the data corresponds correctly with what it expected, it will activate the toys. You will need your µC always on, however, unless you make the transceiver search for incoming signals around two seconds or so. Do you know any programming language?

Big H

Hello Eno, No I don't know any programing language. Is that going to be a problem? I think it's going to be exspencive a. Sombody ntold me to go and get a cordless doorbell i got one but how and what I'm suposed to do with it lol. well thanks for trying to help me. Regards Harry

Yes, not knowing a programming language would be a slight problem. If you would like to learn, I would recommend the C language, to begin with.

A cordless doorbell would work, although it might be rather bulky. Here's how it works: Normally, when you press the doorbell switch it rings the chime. However, you could take out the "chime" part of the circuitry and make the output to the speaker simply turn on or off. Next, you would put a flip-flop after that, and then finally it would connect to your toys.

What you need is something like this but in a single channel rather than 4 channel. A single keyfob can control several boards also. However, the cost is up there around $80 I believe. That gets up back to wireless door chimes. You could likely hack one to do the job but again the receiver is pretty big and bulky. I have used the units I linked to and they work well and I have had them work well at 300' (100 meters).

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back