Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can accelerometer be used to mimic hand movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMES IRVINE

I was wondering if anyone could tell me is it possible in any way to enable an accelerometer to be set up to control the input to a remote control for the purpose of controlling a remote control car by way of via a radio frequency if that makes sense.

The point in the accelerometer being used as an input instead of someone using their hands to control the remote control is that the user will not have the ability to use their hands. The only means of input will be from headmovement whether it be by pressing switches or if an accelerometer is used then headtilt could be used.
Is it possible to link the two I know the accelerometer can have an analogue output which I'm not completely sure of or a digital output via pwm but would voltage control be able to be converted for the purpose of controlling directional movement, forward back left and right? I don't think so but maybe someone could shed light on this subject, I've a feeling this is a dead end which has no real possibility of ever being viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back