Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can a PIC do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

Ive been doing a lot of reading and have ordered the Junebug to start playing with. I was just curious if a pic could do multiple things at one time. For example, would it be able to run 2 separate circuits at the same time....maybe using half of its I/O for one circuit and the other half for another? Thanks

Sure no problem, there are many ways to do it. Interrupts are a good choice, so is task switching. The PICs are very fast. Some PICs like the one on your Junebug (18F1320) have internal hardware peripherals that take the workload off the software.

Thanks for the order :)

No problem! Thanks for providing the "new guy" a product to help learn a little. By the way...when I get the kit, will it come with tutorials on cd or anything?
Thanks again

Just the manal that's posted on the site. You need to download MPLAB 8.02 and the PICkit2 2.40 software from Microchip, you can optionally download C18 SE from there too. If you want to program in BASIC download Swordfish BASIC SE. There are plenty of PIC tutorial all over the place plus lots of examples right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back