Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey guys im looking to buy a new digital camera. Mine has a bad crack on the screen and is falling apart literally! I mean i have electrical tape holding it together heh.

Any cameras you recommend that do nice macro shots for $100 or less. I mainly use it for taking pictures of my PCBs and videos and such.

Note: I had no clue where to post this :D

EDIT: my current camera is a:

Kodak EasyShare M1093 IS

https://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/M1093_IS_Digital_Camera/productID.145090400

I have the RED one

Last edited:
I have a Canon Powershot A590 that I got a few years back; I absolutely love it. It does everything I need it to do and more. Its macro function is more than adequate, but if you need more, a lens adaptor tube, lens, flash rings, etc - are available for it (lots of good stuff for it cheap on ebay). It does video too. 8MP. Its got a more "grown up" version (larger case and such) that I can't remember the model, but it looks a lot like a better DSLR kind of camera. At the time I got my Powershot, I spent over $200.00 on it, and wouldn't think of having it in my shop (too dirty in there), so I use my old Kodak DC3200 for pics in there. But if I need a critical picture or a real good macro/close up, I go for my Powershot. I like Canon's cameras, I can't say too much more about them.

We've got five different digital cameras in the house, my kids each have their own and my wife has her expensive Canon DSLR.

I've played around with all of them and my favorite is this...

Fuji Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back