Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

camera interface with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinod_gre

HI guys its my holidays and trying to do some project...i am trying to connect a camera with atmel8515 so that it recogonize a colour and move towards the color ...guys i don't know wht camera to choose and how to interface it with the controller ...i have done small projects like line follower,....

pls help me out

AVR's really aren't fast enough to do image processing, they can barely handle audio processing, they're really for I/O and interfacing/control. Whatever image processing you want to do it's going to have to be done on the camera module. I've seen motion sensing camera modules out there, unfortunatly I accidentally deleted the link. Searching on google for a bit should find you some suitble image processing/camera modules

**broken link removed**

Finally remembered it, those are good camera modules that can interface to an AVR, they use jpg but can also do uncompressed images. You can shrink those down a bit to a manageble size (say 8x8) and possible do some colour tracking with it.

Wow very nice. You realize how long I've been looking for a non-machine vision cost digital output video camera? Maybe I just don't know where to look for them?

Little gems like that abound on the net, you just have to vary your search terms when you're getting no information from google. I can't remember where (it may even be in the above link) but I did find modules that do the entire vision process for you, and are able to track colour blobs and identify sectors in motion. They're pretty reasonably priced (50-100 dollars)

I can find full blown systems just fine, and I can find hobby-level systems where all the coding is done for you just fine. What I can't seem to find are cameras where the output is predigitized so that I can do whatever I want with the data with my own processor.

Vinod, here are some cameras where the lowl leve imaging process code is done for you (use Google):

POB Technologies
CMU Cam

These are hobbyist level cameras where the camera and the processor are on a PCB and a lot (if not all) the image processing code is done for you, like blob tracking, etc. You just need a separate MCU to decide what you want to do with what the camera tells you is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back