Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Camera Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro-Cow

Hi there,
I was wondering how I might rig up a camera flash bulb,to a switch so when the switch is pressed the bulb will flash. I tore apart a disposable camera, shorted the capacitor, and thats as far as I can go without help :D the reason I don't just hook this up to a switch is I want to ditch the board so I can fit this into a small tube or pipe. Is there a way I can salvage the parts from the board, and just wire them up to a switch? As you can tell I am new to the whole electronics thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Be aware that the cap will charge to several hundred volts and it's dangerous. The switch they show for triggering it will also have several hundred volts but with a series resistance that lowers its shock hazard a bit.

It's a lot smarter to buy a separate camera flash like that fits on a camera's accessory shoe and figure out how to trigger it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back