Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

camera flash circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoria

i'm sure plenty of you have used these circuits for various applications....
i have also, however, if i remove the circuit board from the plastic casing...it seems to stop being able to charge??!

i have done this with about 4 of them, and i can't notice any part of the circuit that is being disconnected by removing the case, has anyone else experienced this and been able to solve the problem?

That's strange. I've disected a camara or two without any problems. I think it was a FujiFilm Qucksnap Outdoor, number AP-800 or similar. If I remember correctly, it had at least one crude rocker switch made out of a flexible metal (nickel or tin maybe?) which it using to disable/enable charging. Also, it might've used a similar flash switch. Sorry if this is too vague.

the ones i'm talking about you have to push this crazy little switch that looks almost like a small circle of aluminum foil or something that charges the capacitor.

anyone know what i'm talking about?

The little tinfoil thingie is either a charge trigger or a hold n charge button (depending on the camera most are hold n charge in the US) . The neon bulb tells you when the circuit is fully charged. If you look at the camera there will be a little "finger" of plastic on the case that corresponds to the foil switch. You can bypass the switch on the PC board and solder a switch to the board ( it's only SPST) . If it's a charge trigger use a momentary PB, if hold and charge use a spst sw.

edit: There is also a switch in the body of the camra ( two pecis of tin ) that act as the fire sw. look closely at the PC where it connects to the camera You'll see to attachment points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back