Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Caller Id detect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodpickles

Does anybody know of a module(like sparkfun sells) that does caller id detection and outputs it in an easy to use form for a microcontroller? I would like to make an intelligent caller ID box that does different things depending on who is calling.

I am in the USA so it would have to be a unit that decodes FSK signals.

I think it's done with a microcontroller... Have you tried searching the web about how it works? It would be cool have a caller ID modem, you could keep a log of unwanted callers, and have the computer dial them back or answer, with "Quit calling me" message. It could also automatically screen out such calls. Really hate those 'Congratulations!' calls, they fill up the answering machine, telling me about the wonderful timeshare opportunity in central Florida... I already own a house, near all the attractions!

yes I have searched the web...I got some info on how the information is sent. But no diagrams on how to make something that decodes this info.

What you mention is kind of what I was thinking.... something to blacklist telemarketers. I would like to get a list from someplace such as https://800notes.com/ and send all those call s to an answering machine...

Last edited:
Take a look at this data sheet. Make sure to look at Fig 6 pg 7.
**broken link removed**

I'm finding that more and more the telemarketers block their caller ID, or even provide a fake number (sometimes 12 to 15 digits). That's a real problem since some of my older less tech savvy friends also block their ID.

I'm finding that more and more the telemarketers block their caller ID, or even provide a fake number (sometimes 12 to 15 digits). That's a real problem since some of my older less tech savvy friends also block their ID.

For awhile I was getting calls from the number 0000000, but it has stopped lately.
I won't answer any calls with blocked ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back