Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

call using PIC16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the datasheet. The instructions set is clear enough.

If still in doubt, then post your specific question.

Have you tried buildin ghe code to .hex?

And F84A at that. Man..

I just checked, 16F84A does not support CALL along with GOTO. Oh well, seems as if you need to use another microcontroller of this decade. Shucks.

Insert devil icon here =>

donniedj said:
I just checked, 16F84A does not support CALL along with GOTO. Oh well, seems as if you need to use another microcontroller of this decade. Shucks.

You can't have checked very well, the antique 16F84 uses the same 14 bit core as all the other 16F series (and the 16C series) - the CALL instruction is certainly supported, and one of it's most used instructions.

However, the vagueness of the original post might not even be referring to that?.

Nigel,

You may have just prevented my efforts to keep the antiquated out of existence! You dropped the ball on this one :)

donniedj said:
Nigel,

You may have just prevented my efforts to keep the antiquated out of existence! You dropped the ball on this one :)

LMAO! I believe the original question was meant to mean "can I make a phone call".

If that was the intended question, then i would suggest using a dial-up modem and just use the pic to process whatever signal you want to send. But I imagine that you may need a 16-bit or 32-bit processor to run the modem.

I may be completely off though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back