Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibration of Energy meters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am developing an 3 phase energy meter using ADE7754.To calibarate the energy I found I have to get referenece meter and a constant source which I found very costly. Any alternate solution for calibrating the meter?

Heat up some water! You know how much water there is, it takes a calorie to heat a gram a degree, you measure the temperature before and after, you know how much energy it took.
Just like you find out if the magnetron in your oven is still happy.

Can't you just put in a sine wave, compare with a known good meter and adjust it for each phase, then do the same for a known current?

He means a watt meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back