Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculate period, and frequency from vertical sensitivity and sweep rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brabdon73

This is what our teacher gave us in the attached file if some one could help with proper calculations i have a TI-36X solar calculator and am just learning how to use it any help would be great

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    364.9 KB · Views: 293
Why do you need a calculator for this? If you look at the display the answer is there... They say .5V/Div for vertical. Ok, so each box going up means .5V. It looks like two boxes are filled = 1V peak to peak. The frequency? Well "Frequency is the number of occurrences of a repeating event per unit time" So if each box horizontally is 2ms and it has 5 bars within the 2ms then you have 2ms/5 = 400us per bar, so by the definition of frequency, we can see that each wave is repeated every 4 ms = T period , and the frequency = 1/T = 250 Hz...

Hope this makes sense and i didn't do something silly :p

just new to this trying to figure out the easyist way to do it sorry not a supper brain was steel fab. for 5 yrs and home automation for 10 but first time with the oscilloscopes and transformers got 4.0 first sem. had surgery and missed first 2 weeks of this sem.

I was told to take .5v x 2 x .707=1.414 this is mag.
2ms x 2= 4ms
then i get .25

Last edited:
no prob, hope it's right.... I don't think you need a calculator but I could be wrong.
You should see what others get for an answer too.. Good luck in your class.

lol no prob.. i did not think to format my 'u' next time i will write u (micro).. Thanks for letting me know :)

lol no prob.. i did not think to format my 'u' next time i will write u (micro).. Thanks for letting me know :)
u is commonly used for "micro" when the proper symbol is not available. But if you click the "Go Advanced" tab at the bottom of your post it will come up with a list of symbols with the Greek µ (lower case Mu) symbol, among others.

1. NEVER write .25, ALWAYS write 0.25
2. 0.25 what? peaches
3. ALWAYS show units f=1/T = 1/2mS = 1/0.002s; This is not .25. Hint, it has units of Hertz or Hz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back