Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculate Current, Power, EMS..

Status
Not open for further replies.

evol_w10lv

I have to calculate 1. current in each branch, 2. voltameter result 3. electromotive force (EMS) mode and 4. power bilance.
And need to use four methods:
Node Voltage Analysis (Node potential method)
Superposition Method
Loop Current Analysis
Kirchoff's Rules Analysis

I hope you can rede something or give me advices. What would be the right way to start?
Then I could try to calculate the tasks with your help..
Please.

**broken link removed**

I have to calculate current in each branch using Kirchoff's Rules Analysis, when switch is OFF.
Then it could look like that:
**broken link removed**

E1 = 40V, E3 = 28V, R01 = 0.1, R03 = 0.1, R1 = 3.9, R3 = 3.9, R4 =5, R5 =6, R6 = 3
R01, R02, R03 are internal resistances.

Can someone help?

Hi,

First, call one node ground, say node B. So B is at zero volts.
Next, since you only need the currents you can move the two sources so that their negative terminals are connected to ground and that means that in the two outside branches you can lump three resistors (three in each branch) to form just two resistors say R334 and R115 (numbers respective to the original resistor numbers). That gives you a circuit with just two voltage sources and three resistors total, with R6 still being in the center.
Next, assign a voltage to node A, we'll call that voltage VA.
Next, you would equate voltages and currents at the nodes. Since after the above you only have one node left (and ground which is zero volts (B)), you equate the currents and voltages at that node. That leads to equations such as:
I1=(E1-VA)/R115 [Ohm's Rule] (current arrow pointing toward node A as in the pic)
I3=(E3-VA)/R334 [Ohms's Rule] (current arrow also pointing toward node A as in the pic)
I6=I1+I3 [Kirchoff's Current Rule] (I6 current arrow as in the picture, pointing down through R6)
I6=VA/R6

See if you can understand why we did this and if you can get the result the same way and ultimately find the required result.

Last edited:
you have skipped the most important part - labelling of the circuit.
this means before even attempting to write any equations you should mark:
1) each node (say A, B, C,...)
2) each current (I1, I2,...)
3) mark direction of each current

THEN you start writing equations (Kirchoff...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back