Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAD software

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingaz

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this question?

I use TinyCad to draw schematics. I have downloaded a schematic which is in .dsn file format which TinyCad uses.
I have tried opening this file with TinyCad, but i get an error message "this file was created using a later version of TinyCad, you must download the latest version of this program to open this file."

I have downloaded the latest version, but still i get the same message.

can anyone tell me if there is other CAD software that can use .dsn files?
preferably something I can download a trial version of?

thanks

I Googled on .dsn files, and there are several programs that use that extension. The most relevant one is probably OrCad by Cadence, which also has pcb and schematic capture. Good luck. John

I don't know how if there's any software that will open TinyCad files. I don't see why not, it's open source so the format is hardly a secret, perhaps the file is corrupt. Try opening up a random data file and see what error message it gives you; this could be a generic "I don't understand the file data" message.

I've just downloaded and tested it and it seems like a great piece of software. My only critism is it doesn't come with a 555/556 timer library or a generic 8-pin, 14-pin or 16-pin IC library but I suppose they can be downloaded separately.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've just downloaded Proteus lite which opens the files fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back