Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cad ?? Gerber??? what is the use and How to use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaikanth

Hi All,

I hav a project In electronics Manufacturing Services.
I hav some basic Doubts regarding PCB Analysis.
What is gerbel file? what is cad file? (For Pcb's)
What we will come to know using Gerber and CAD files?
Plz give me some suggestion so that i can enhance my knowledge.
Expecting your kid Answers soon.
Thanks all.

The gerber files are the files needed for the manufacturers of the board to build your board. The CAD is the program which you can use to create your boards and from them create the gerber data.

Programs like PROTEL allows you to create a PCB and correlate it to a schematic. That way you know if what you have drawn in your schematic is all "wired" in the PCB. After you are done, you generate gerber files from the CAD program.

What the program does, it creates a file for each layer of your PCB, so that the manufacturer knows where to put each layer afterwards like a sandwhich.

Hope it helps.

Ivan

Cad and Gerber

Thank you Mr Ivan.
Currently i'm undergoing the self studies and in case of any problem
i'll post my doubts.Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back