Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C8051F120 Output Pins 3.3V or 5V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanerb

So I'm trying to hook some stuff up to my microcontroller GPIO pins. I don't know if its a 3.3V pin or a 5V pin for the GPIO. The datasheet seems to say it's a 2x5 connector, and 8 pins are GPIO, one is VD, one is GND. The VD is showing as 3.3V, that's why I'm wondering if my logic high on the output pin will be 5v or the same as this VD.

This is the board I got:
Embedded Ethernet DK Microcontroller Development Kit

Here is one datasheet:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/06/C8051F12x-DK.pdf

Here is another link for just the MC however:
Silicon Laboratories, Inc. C8051F120

Also, they are saying the GPIO pins can be open drain or push pull. If I'm trying to hook a pin to a BJT 2N3904 base, should I set the MC pin as push pull or open drain?

Sorry, I'm a newbbb!!

logic high on the output pin has a little less than the supply voltage (VD 3.3V).
it is still a logic high level in TTL
You can test it on breadboards,it is good to newbbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back