Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C18 linker error.. Help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNobody

Hi,
I tried to compile my code in C18 but have a linker error. Below is the error.

MPLINK 4.13, Linker
Copyright (c) 2007 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - section '.udata_MainDemo.o' can not fit the section. Section '.udata_MainDemo.o' length=0x0000011b
Errors : 1

I use alot of printf("anystring") and maybe that is the thing that caused it. Please advice how I can solve it..
Thanks..

By the way, the memory is not even half full..

Error - section '.udata_MainDemo.o' can not fit the section. Section '.udata_MainDemo.o' length=0x0000011b
Errors : 1

I use alot of printf("anystring") and maybe that is the thing that caused it. Please advice how I can solve it..
Thanks..

By the way, the memory is not even half full..
Wild guess - you have some array or other thing (printf?) using more RAM than there is in one bank (length 0x11b). You can probably only fit 0x100 in a bank.

If this is the case, you'll have to rewrite so it either is smaller, or automatically moves to another storage space in the next bank.

I could be wrong. I use BoostC. I've dabbled in PICC and C18, but am not as familiar with them as BoostC.

Thanks..
My printf data is only 16 bytes in size but I have lots of them. However, I do not store it in variable. I just directly type printf("anystring"); How can I make it smaller or move it to other banks..?

Please advice.. Thanks.

C18 Link error

The message is very general. There are a lot of error sources for it. Another is, the Linker will include the section a second time. Search your directories for this specific .o module and delete the name from the Project Window, if it is defined in "object files".
Is only a suggestion. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back