Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahanaashwin

hi all
i know little assembly language, i dont know any thing about c, but in my office they want to write program in c. can anybody tell me the c tutorial website to learn c quickly
plsss:mad:

I would suggest reading a book instead. Actually I suggest 'THE book'.
Its "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.
Its the first and last book you ever need to learn C.

Its a very thin book and very easy to follow. people might suggest bigger books. You have to resist feeling 'bigger is better'.

Last edited:
hi all
i know little assembly language, i dont know any thing about c, but in my office they want to write program in c. can anybody tell me the c tutorial website to learn c quickly
plsss:mad:
Books!

I started out many many years ago with Programming In C, by Stephen Kochan (quite good) and C Made Easy, by Herbert Schildt, which appears to be out of print now.

As mentioned above - the highly recommended, The C Programming Language, Second Edition, by Brian W. Kernighan & Dennis M. Ritchie

Last edited:
I downloaded the Kernighan & Ritchie book (2nd edition) from edaboard (a pdf document) a few years ago (2nd Edition, 221 pages) but I see by your link that it's still in publication so now I'm wondering if the edaboard post was in error?

Mike

Last edited:
I downloaded the Kernighan & Ritchie book (2nd edition) from edaboard (a pdf document) a few years ago (2nd Edition, 221 pages) but I see by your link that it's still in publication so now I'm wondering if the edaboard post was in error?
No error. Looks like that site is in a foreign land where they don't have copyright rules and/or aren't overrun by scumbag lawyers and vermin gubmint bean counters. Still, it's probably not polite to leech their book. They probably make a few bucks from it still.

if u knew some basic about C ,then go for "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.
this book is higly recommended by every one....
even i m also reading the same book,its nice book...
if u don't know any thing about C or beginner,go for "ANSI C" by Balagurswami...after reding this book u can go for "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.

if u knew some basic about C ,then go for "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.
this book is higly recommended by every one....
even i m also reading the same book,its nice book...
if u don't know any thing about C or beginner,go for "ANSI C" by Balagurswami...after reding this book u can go for "The C Programming Language" by Brian W Kernigan and Dennis M Ritchie.

Thank you somuch friends,
sachin i got "ANSI C" by Balagurswami...book,thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back