Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C programming tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I think you better start it in Assembly. And buy an old microcontroller like 16F84A. It will be dead old. But it will help you to gain your knowledge pretty fast. Then you can study the other micros as well. 16f877 is also have the same architecture with more stuff on board. So I think you can move on to 16f877 or any other 16F series microcontroller without a hassle .

The assembly knowledge is very much important even when you playing with C.

If you really like to start with C just select a compiler that goes with ANSI C Standards.

And there are tons of E Books on the web that target to PICs.

Just give a simple "RapidShare" search.

Last edited:
heh your a lazy person lol just kidding... if you clicked the link ... the first sentence says:

"BoostC is our latest generation C compiler"

I hear so many good things about it!! I never used it a day in my life but i would like to test it out.

MikroC is more of a Complete thing where you can do a huge amount of stuff with so little knowledge or code! Many would think thats good but its not for new people. Mainly because you dont learn anything. If something goes wrong with your device where do you start to look ? You need to know the basics first... ASM then C then MikroC in my opinion.

This way you have the knowledge needed to know how to make it work well. And if something fails you know where to look to fix it.

Last edited:
I hear so many good things about it!! I never used it a day in my life but i would like to test it out.

MikroC is more of a Complete thing where you can do a huge amount of stuff with so little knowledge or code! Many would think thats good but its not for new people. Mainly because you dont learn anything. If something goes wrong with your device where do you start to look ? You need to know the basics first... ASM then C then MikroC in my opinion.

This way you have the knowledge needed to know how to make it work well. And if something fails you know where to look to fix it.

Yes I agree with you atom. But as I see the only difference with the mikroC is its comes with lots of inbuilt stuff. like soft I2C, Soft SPI, Soft UART etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back