Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C for PIC18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.
I would like to ask Which C compilers are there for programming the PICs? (in particular the PIC18F2550)

I have heard of some already:

* MPLAB C for PIC18 V3.34 in LITE mode
* HI-TECH PICC-Lite
* CCS PCB

Any comment or recommendation on those?

Due to the availability of libraries it seems that the codes in one and another can be quite different!

Thank you in advance for your comments and help

Kansai

There's also BoostC and MikroC both of which have a free version.

Edit, I personally prefer BoostC and Microchip C18.

Mike.

Last edited:
I use mikroC. I like their built-in libraries.
- Raj
Experiments with PIC16F628A

Hi, the advantage of C18 over other compilers is that it is inherently compatible with other MC devices say their Zigbee Transceivers for instance.Although they can be programmed in HITECH and MIKRO but its really a pain.On the other hand C18 doesnt have that many built in functions like mikro C.The only "problem" with the compiler from microchip is that they dont have one for the 16F series which is ok cause most of the time people doing C use the 18F series(such as in the OP's case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back