Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c compiler for pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazytwism

hi
pls help me 2 get cross c compiler for pic that mplab will support, is it available on the net and pls direct me only to free sites as i am only a student hobbyist
thanx in advance
crazytwism

The follow ups to this post have been deleted (so far), these forums don't exist for the distribution or discussion of pirate software, or pirate patches.

If you want to offer advice along those lines, please do it via PM and not in a public forum!.

Nigel Goodwin, moderator.

So as I was saying :evil:
There are many C compliers that are compatible with MPLAB.
For example, HitechC or MCC, or Microchips C18.
Theese C compillers work with PIC18F and DsPIC series of chips.
Try to download Free Student edition trial of C18 from Microchip, that should
be a nice start.

Jay.slovak said:
Just one question, why didn't edit my post instead of deleting it ? :cry:

I consider it rather rude to edit your post, and I also considered it should be removed as quickly as possible, and deleting it is MUCH faster than editing.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Jay.slovak said:
Just one question, why didn't edit my post instead of deleting it ? :cry:

I consider it rather rude to edit your post, and I also considered it should be removed as quickly as possible, and deleting it is MUCH faster than editing.
OK, I think you Moderator refused this word at the end...

LOL just kidding, you are pretty good Mod... :wink:

look at BoostC. it's a relatively new one, made by the people who made C2C, although it's much better (mostly ANSI compliant, instead of weird crap)

the free beta has a 2k code limit which is enough for a lot of stuff, and it does 16F series AND 18F series... and even the paid versions are cheap ($30, $60, $130 depending on license)

and from what i've seen so far it's pretty good, in fact its a lot like CC5x, which is pretty popular... the big advantage it has though is that it has an IDE, and it can be used with MPLAB if you wish... so it's pretty full-featured.

**broken link removed**[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back