Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C and Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

microcare

Hi friends
I know C programig (Only TURBO C) and 8051 (worked on Atmel chips) .I have heard that there is something called cross compilers which convert C prog into assembly (8051 compatible ) language .Is it true ?If yes where can i get those cross compilers from ?
Also plz help me how to start out using cross compilers
Thanks in advance
Take care bye...

microcare said:
Hi friends
I know C programig (Only TURBO C) and 8051 (worked on Atmel chips) .I have heard that there is something called cross compilers which convert C prog into assembly (8051 compatible ) language .Is it true ?If yes where can i get those cross compilers from ?
Also plz help me how to start out using cross compilers

A cross compiler is simply a program which runs on a computer (often a PC) and produces code for something else - ALL C compilers for micro-controllers are cross compilers. Likewise all assemblers are cross assemblers, so just search for C compilers for your chosen processor, I don't use the 8051 so I've no idea if you can download free compilers or not, or if you have to buy them.

There are a couple free 8051 C compilers out there - they take a bit of searching to find though. Keil has a free 2Kbyte limited eveluation of their compiler that should work for small projects.

bmcculla said:
There are a couple free 8051 C compilers out there - they take a bit of searching to find though. Keil has a free 2Kbyte limited eveluation of their compiler that should work for small projects.

I think the Keil C51 is rather optimized. You could actually do quite a lot of thing with this 2kB

If you can afford the chips Silicon Labs 8051s are excelent controllers. They have built in JTAG emulation which makes debuging much easier. They also provide a 4K limited Keil compiler and easy to use development software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back