Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bypassing the Passkey 3 system on a 97 Buick Park Ave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
Anyone know how to bypass the passkey 3 systems in Buick Park Avenues? I found lots of info on the passkey two system that used the resistor in the key design. What I have is the wireless transponder key design and the passkey circuit board for that is cooked to a crisp.

The one I have has 5 wires. 12 Volt battery, 12 volt ignition, ground, and two purple wires which I assume are data lines going to the main ECM system or related security control module.

Any ideas here on how that passkey 3 circuit works with the main computer system to tell it when the right key is present?

The systems are called PATS and VATS if I remember correctly, but thats all I know. You might look up a bypass module from an alarm company that makes remote start kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back