Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bypass power switch - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterumbelow

Hi, everyone.

I’ve just purchased a mini-dehumidifier that I’m running off a smart plug. Only trouble is that it doesn’t power back on after the plug is turned off.

I saw another thread on this forum (from a long time ago) that suggested things might be fairly simply if the unit powers on while you’re holding down the power button. Mine does.

I’ve taken the unit apart and located the board. You can see the switch on top and the various wires underneath.

The unit has an auto-‘power off when the water container is full - the light around the power button turns orange but the fan stops.

Is there a simple solution to effectively keeping the power on all the time? Like joining a couple of wires? If any soldering is involved, I’ll put the unit back together and live with it not being how I want!

Really appreciate your help.
Ste

. 4F35DD34-07D5-4362-8760-61044617F2BC.jpeg8B7AD5F3-93C5-4E4D-BEF5-B5BD736344E6.jpegCB1CC631-CE5F-4885-A6F8-50F70D79FA15.jpeg

Question before I get any answers:

Could I just glue the button down on the board so that it’s permanently depressed?

Last edited:
Most circuits like this just place a momentary path to ground. Not sure what results you might get permanently holding the push button down but likely can't hurt to try. If that works then try Diver 300's solution. Just be sure it works OK that way.

Ron

Thank you for the responses. I ended up just weeding the button on (bit of plastic down the side while it was depressed). Seems to have done the trick. Hopefully no long term effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back