Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buzzer-not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kankam

I've taken out a piezo buzzer from my alarm clock.But when I connect it to a 1.5V battery source ,it doesn't work.It produces very faint sound but it doesn't beep the way it used to in the alarm clock.

The "beeper" is inside the IC in the clock. What you took out is a slab of piezo-ceramic which has no electronics in it.

wht shuld i xactly do 2 make it wrk????

Drive it with a correct frequency.

What you have is about like holding a speaker in your hand. Nothing happens unless you drive the speaker with frequencies it can reproduce.

Ron

Last edited:
buzzer nt wrking
wht shuld i xactly do 2 make it wrk????​

You could try asking in correct English rather than that childish text-speak.

JimB

You could try asking in correct English rather than that childish text-speak.

JimB

That thought also crossed my mind. :)

Ron

Kids who are only 3 years old should not come here until they grow up!

Kids who are only 3 years old should not come here until they grow up!

Hey, leave me alone and furthermore growing old is mandatory, growing up is an option, so there you mean scrooge duck! :)

Ron

Then why can't you speak with proper English spelling like grown ups?
Many of us adults don't bother to read gibberish posted by kids who can't spell properly.

Then why can't you speak with proper English spelling like grown ups?
Many of us adults don't bother to read gibberish posted by kids who can't spell properly.

:) Seriously, that is one major peeve of mine. I get so damn tired of looking at that crap and like you, find myself ignoring post that are loaded with it. My kids no longer entertain the thought of emailing me with that crap and God help them if I ever see it in my grandchildren. Maybe as I get older my patience and tolerance for stupid is just diminishing, hell I don't know.

Ron

Yes, proper English is very important on this forum. I often have difficulty reading "texting speech" myself. :p

Anyway, to get back on topic, as I mentioned to you before, simply connecting the piezo to a battery and expecting a beep is like connecting a radio speaker to a battery and expecting it to make music. It just doesn't happen--It needs the additional circuitry inside the radio, or in your case, the alarm clock. To just get a basic beep, I would suggest you use a couple of 555 timer chips--one to set the correct tone of each individual beep, and the other to pulse that tone at the correct frequency to make the separate beeps. That way you would get the "BEEP-BEEP-BEEP" sound like you would from your alarm clock. This is probably the easiest way to do what you are trying to do.
Der Strom

Last edited:
:) Maybe as I get older my patience and tolerance for stupid is just diminishing, hell I don't know.

Ron

Hi Ron,

you're taking the words out of my mouth.

I got so angry last week that I "banned" a person taking him from my Skype contact list.

That might happen if somebody insistently asks the same question over and over without reading the answer.

Regards

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back