Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BUT12F supply or equivelent from UK distributor..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try SEME or CHS, it was a common transistor, and presumably is still freely available.

I'm presuming you've repaired the fault that caused it to blow?, it's VERY unlikely to have gone for no reason.

Hi Nigel I have done a quick test of associated diodes which so far seem ok but until I am sure I can source a suitable replacement I have not pursued the problem further!

I checked charles hyde which brings a parts request up, as for seme not sure where to start tbh loL! Might ring Wizzard tomorrow but they have always been rather unpredictable with non traders :(

I have found a definite supplier of the AF (metal tabbed version) with what seems to be almost identical specs I wonder if this would be suitable with a mica insulator?

Just checked CHS, the BUT12AF is in stock.

What is it in?, usual causes of blowing are dry joints, duff capacitors, or the IC faulty.

Beovision 5000 which I just picked up for a fiver on ebay including motorised stand :)
Done a little more this morning I have re-soldered some potential dries but nothing really obvious (I understand these sets are notorious!) I have not found an IC it seems to be all discrete. I will check the caps next and work from there thanks.

I just found some but12AF's on ebay Nigel and being much cheaper (postage at CH a bit high!) I will go with this I think!

Just to update got the transistor and the telly is happy now :) Must have been the dry's or just a premature failure?
I was surprised by the picture quality and motorised base is the dogs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back