Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

burnt audio IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalaf

hi everybody,

i have a subwoofer of about 300watt, the IC responsible for speaker amplifier was burnt and i can't read its number,
i draw the circuit and it seems as a dual-opamp IC, but all the dual opamp ics i've found are of different connection
so i drew the schmatic and sent it to you in the hope that you may help me finding the right IC.

note: it is a dual opamp without external feedback.
the included schematic is of the IC.

i need your help please.[/img] :(

Attachments

• unknownic.jpg
    unknownic.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 841
An unknown IC?, in an unknown amplifier?, how is anyone supposed to be able to offer advise on that?.

For a start you might try mentioning the make and model of the unit, and what the IC actually does! - perhaps someone has seen one before?.

yes man,

thanks alot for interest ,

but i mentioned that it is a dual-opamp IC , so it is an operational amplifier, but the matter is that i has different connection pins from all the dual-opamps i've dealed with, so u have just to find a dual-opamp IC that match the pin assignment as shown in the pic,

thanks again for interest

The Picture needs help. I tried to fix it but still can not read the values.

Attachments

• unknownic.gif
    unknownic.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 768
hey everyone,
i finally found the chip i'm seeking, it is TDA2822M, i bought it and soldered it to the subwoofer and it is working properly now, thanks alot for paying attention and i'm ready for any help
:p

khalaf said:
hey everyone,
i finally found the chip i'm seeking, it is TDA2822M, i bought it and soldered it to the subwoofer and it is working properly now, thanks alot for paying attention and i'm ready for any help
:p

I thought you said this was a 300W subwoofer?, and the chip you were looking for was a dual opamp?.

The TDA2822M is a dual low power amplifier (not an opamp), which outputs about 0.5W per channel - assuming it's bridged?, you could get about 1W mono from it, or really pushed about 2W at pretty high distortion.

So assuming this is the 'power amp' for your sub-woofer, you only have a 1W subwoofer!.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Attachments

• zapco_150l_schematic.jpg
    zapco_150l_schematic.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 732
hotwaterwizard said:
Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Yes, it's fairly common practice, using an OPAMP as part of a power amp, but the chip in question ISN'T an opamp, and it wouldn't be very suitable. It's also VERY unlikely that such an opamp would be destroyed and unable to have it's number read!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back