Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Built In Self test in smart cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

n_ten

I want to implement BIST in Smart cards.

please have a look on this **broken link removed**

Please tell if any sophisticated hardware is needed for that?

Means how could a Test Program can be embedded into the memory? are any dedicated

hardware is needed for that? or simply write the test program via card reader.

That's better. I guess the answer to your question is it would depend on the smart card. Assuming you have access to the program space, you would be able to program your own test. Then all you would need is something to connect to program the uP, and then something to connect to command the test to proceed, and interpret the results. For programing, you'd have to have communications thru a JTAG or equivilent port. For running the test, you'd need a reader, display and command generator ( ie for a single "test" pin, you'd need only a means to apply the proper level to command the test to proceed)

But all that depends on having through knowledge of your particular smart card. I honestly don't know if that is typically available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back