Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building synths & mixing gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwarrior

Hi,

I registered because I thought I then could see the images in the thread https://www.electro-tech-online.com...r-dot-displays-a-complete-explanation.126056/ but I can't find them now. ;)

I'm mainly building synth stuff (a modular synth) and mixing gear like compressors or EQs if you know what I mean. A volt meter by utilizing the LM3914 would come in handy for my modular to control voltages.

By the way: I'm barely able to understand schematics. I just recognize basics like voltage dividers and opamp buffers. :eek:

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!
The site had a hard disk crash a couple of months ago and many images were lost.
Check out the datasheet for the LM3914. It shows how to cascade the ICs.

National had a really good note on how to make the meter read average or Peak. I can't find it now.

What kind of compressors are you using?

Attachments

• lm3914-1.pdf
    756.4 KB · Views: 617
Thanks. I think I'll have to try the standard circuits in the datasheet on a solderless breadboard. Need to get an LM3914 at first though.

What kind of compressors are you using?

I have not finished any of them yet. It's 2 GSSL's with Super Sidechain and Turbo board, 1 dual LA2A and 2 Forssell Opto Compressors. One GSSL is close to completion but I need to get the right secondary fuses at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back