Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

any one know what components(less than 15 components) is build to make triple output dc power supply output having +15V , -15V and -5V.

Another one without a current requirement.
Every kid in the class is asking the same question.
Just 3 charged capacitors can supply the correct voltages without any current.
Can't they ask their teacher how to do it?

If your needing no more than 1A output, then you can use the standard 7815, 7905 and 7915 regulator chips to derive the correct voltages. I won't post any schematic yet though, because I don't know what power you do need.

Here ya go :twisted:

You'll have to jump-start it by pre-charging the one output cap (otherwise there would be 17 parts instead of 15), but it should be good for about 300W...

**broken link removed**

[EDIT] Disclaimer: the circuit is not meant to be taken seriously, and would be a real shock hazard in most applications. I just thought I should point that out, since it might not be obvious to everybody...

Dr.EM said:
I won't post any schematic yet though, because I don't know what power you do need.
I don't think the teacher knows how much power is needed either. :lol:
EDIT: Moody will show these kids and their teacher how to make a triple output welder's power supply. Lots of amps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back