Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building INTERFACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

slurp.lolipop

Hi all, i've got a question.

How to design, and write up a software interface that enables communication between the PIC16F877a and PC.

I find it rather difficult.

I am thinking of building the interface such as realterm [ used by JALv2] and visual basic.

please assist.

thanking you in advance.

If your PIC has a serial port (RxD and TxD) you might use a MAX232 to make a serial interface between the PIC and the PC using the windows data terminal.

Boncuk

Last edited:
First you (and we) need a specification of what the system is supposed to do.

1) Do you need the PC software to display sensor readings or do you need to control your embedded device from the PC software.. or both.. or something else?
2) Do you need help with getting started with Visual Basic, or only with the general design of the communication interface?
3) Do you need help with writing software for the microcontroller?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back