Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an MP3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan123

I am a newbie. I want to build this one
**broken link removed**
How do I start?
Thanks for the help!

that looks like WAY too much of a project for a first-timer... have you ever tried soldering surface-mount parts before? especially IC's?

right from the "fabrication" page:

This is an advanced project, I highly suggest that you don't take on a project like this to 'learn how to solder' or 'how to program a PIC'. If you can't handle fine-pitch SMT or getting boards made, just buy an MP3 player, they're sold in stores nowadays!

you'd be much better off starting off with a simple electronics project that you can actually handle, and working your way up. Same goes for PIC programming, and soldering surface mount parts.

There's a reason why most of us here started off with projects like LED blinkers and other such simple things... Trust us, you'll have enough trouble with something like that when you first begin...

ok

Thanks! I do trust you... Like I said in my other post, I just want a project to keep me busy. Could you recommend me one?

hi juan 123,
the link from your original post seems dead, is there another way to see plans
id like to see them ?

dead threads!

cheers torben

i saw it was dead, much like the chance of me finding plans for my mp3 project - thought id wake juan up.
thanks for the link anyway,

cheers torben

i saw it was dead, much like the chance of me finding plans for my mp3 project - thought id wake juan up.

:) Not much chance of waking up a poster with only 33 posts who hasn't posted in that long. Good bump though--it might get somebody else interested in the idea though.

Torben

Last edited:
cheers torben

By the way, why is the chance of you finding plans dead? The link give full plans, Eagle layouts, schematics, discussion, and everything. What else do you need?

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back