Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an LED circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a circuit I built several years ago for a haloween display. The schematic shows orange LED's but they can be changed to another color.
The LED's flash in a fairly random pattern.

Attachments

• RANDOM LED FLASHER.JPG
    RANDOM LED FLASHER.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 691
Here is a circuit I built several years ago for a haloween display. The schematic shows orange LED's but they can be changed to another color.
The LED's flash in a fairly random pattern.

Was that schematic published in a issue of Nuts & Volts? Your project, handle and schematic seem very familiar. Poptronics maybe? I think I still have the issue..... Anyway, just curious.

Was that schematic published in a issue of Nuts & Volts? Your project, handle and schematic seem very familiar. Poptronics maybe? I think I still have the issue..... Anyway, just curious.
I don't recall it ever being published in a magazine, although it may have been submitted to another forum.

Here is a simple circuit that will flash any or all the 8 LEDs (in groups of two) in any sequence and it can be repeatable or non-repeatable.

Attachments

• Timerc8LEDs.gif
    Timerc8LEDs.gif
    5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
These solutions look like they might also work for the Blinking Eyes thread I started (I was trying to blink multiple pairs of LEDs at "random" intervals). I'd like to do everything with one chip but I don't have chip programming hardware yet so I may try it with several 555s instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back