Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an HD camera/video streamer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also posted this on allaboutcircuits but I would like to see what everyone from this crowd has to say about this idea.

Hello I am a robotics engineering undergrad and I have been tasked with a unique project.

The topic: I am building a circuit that needs to take 720p@60fps video data from an HD camera probably the Tachograph MI5100 Camera Module. This video I assume will need to be encoded/decoded using some processor such as the BCM2835 and controlled by a microprocessor. On the processor I would like to load OpenCV with a few tracking algorithms. The final output would need to be able to stream HD video. The output type does not need to be HDMI necessarily as it will eventually be fed into an iPhone with a coprocessor.

Block Diagram: I feel like this project has a HUGE scope so I would like to know what are some/all of the components that I will need to get a working prototype given all these parameters... How much programmable/data memory will be needed. What would be a sufficient microproccessor (maybe an msp430 or a PIC)? How many ADCs/DACs would I need and how big would they need to be. Power I think should be between 3.3-6V. The main goal is speed, price, and performance for the most "lagless" video output. Not as if every other project is not aimed for speed, price, and performance haha but my goal is to get this sucker under $50 bucks whether I make it or bring together existing components (prototype can be much more but in the long run the goal would be under 50).

Suggestions: Lastly, if this seems like all this could be done with a small FPGA along with some camera that currently exists please let me know. I know there is a lot of research to be done so any help is greatly appreciated.

I am a prospective engineer surrounded in a world of giants so I can't wait to learn as much as possible from this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back