Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building an baby 10 step sequencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

george87

i start to build a double baby 10 step sequencer. how can i connecte the two 4017? i put the cv out of the first in the clock of the second? what exactly are the pins reset and disable? how can i use them? also how can i put a potentiometer to change tempo?

What is a "a double baby 10 step sequencer"?

Ken

That still doesn't explain what you want. Do you want to connect two 4017 counters in series to count 20?

Ken

Last edited:
Don't you read the datasheet??
The datasheet for the 4017 shows how to cascade them for more outputs.
The datasheet also describes how all the pins are used.

I think the OP wants to cascade them so that each of the 20 outputs go high in sequence which (to my knowledge) isn't possible. Cascading so that the outputs count 00 to 99 can be done.

Mike.

I have never seen the "carry out" pin on a CD4017 used for anything. Maybe the IC was designed by a school kid.

Interesting! I never noticed it before. Looks like it just divides the input frequency by 5. 0-4 output it's high...5-9 output it's low. Or you need a rising edge out as output 9 goes low.

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back