Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an alarm circuit for my nixie tube clock need help :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekMan

I need to build a circuit for my clock so I can have a louder alarm. The pizeo buzzer just isn't cutting it for me.

**Also see the latest SW and documentations section on the below page it has further details.

Clock specs can be found here:
IN-12 Nixie Clock

The clock runs on 9v regulated voltage. I have an adapter that has 800mA.
The clock has 2 alarms with two out puts he doesnt go into alot of details about the alarm outputs. Its probably enough for someone whos good at electronic engineering but i need to finish high school before I get take coarses in electronic engineering so I only know so much Im good at soldering though and I studied Forest M. Mims 128 pages getting started in electronics.

Doing a project like this will help me further understand some concepts I hope.

My idea is to run the buzzer circuit on a 9v current that runs parallel from the power socket I installed on my clocks case. this is due to the price of the adapter I bought.

My big problem is figuring out how to connect a buzzer circuit so that when its connected to the clocks alarm output terminal it works with the logic 1 trigger (see the above website for details on the circuitry.

If someone could help out a future engineer I would be grateful.

After examining this image it appears that pin1(bottom) of that 4-pin connector connects to pin 35 or 36 of that PIC, and I/O pin.
(hard to tell, the trace is on the other side)
And that pin2 of that 4-pin connector connects to pin 25 of that PIC, which is Ground.

So naturally I assume that first pin is HIGH triggered when the alarm goes off.

I'd say connect an LED and resistor across the bottom two pins and trigger the alarm for them to make sure of this.

If my suspicions are correct then you can trigger an external buzzer with an NPN transistor.

Last edited:
thank you i will try this after school today

thank you that sounds about right so ill try that when i get home today after school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back