Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building a tracking device

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandowafflz

i am planning on doing this for a project and i need it to be about a size of a quarter and accuarate to the feet, i dont even know were to start pls help

I don't know where to start, either, and I've been an electronics design engineer for over twenty years. The battery alone would need to be about the size of the quarter. There's a new smaller GPS chip antenna and module - but it still won't fit in a quarter. You might get an RF transmitter in there, but it won't tell you accurate distance even with triangulation.

it doesnt have to be a gps, it could be any way to find the object like as i get closer to the tracker i have a device that beeps, would that work?

If you build a small transmitter that works with very low power then you can easily do something like this. As long as the reciver is on the same frequency then it will work if you are within range.

Left foot or right foot?

A part similar to the stuff they use in packaging of goods in retail stores. Powered by the RF loop at the exit door. E

It's the right size, but you have to be very close to it. You can get more distance with microwave RFID, but now you have to know where it is to point to it.

Might help if you told us what you were trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back