Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a Switched Mode Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSFET KILLER

I am planning on building a switched mode power supply or SMPS. The circuit will have one +12V,0V supply, and two +12V,0V,-5V supplies. I have been looking at transformerless power supplies to power my driver circuitry (Fig1). I chose this power supply because it has no transformer and I can save space on the PCB. How could I get this circuit to supply more current? Would the zener diode get hot? To drive a pair of FQP9N50C MOSFETs I am using an IR2110 FET driver IC (Fig2). Would I need any modifications to this circuit? What would be the best arrangment of the MOSFETs? A half bridge converter or a full bridge?

Attachments

• Transformerless Power Supply Schematic.gif
    Transformerless Power Supply Schematic.gif
    2 KB · Views: 871
  • IR2110 Typical Connection Schematic.gif
    IR2110 Typical Connection Schematic.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 10,464
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back