Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building a simple robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned penguin

ok i want to build a VERY simple robot for some science thing at school
i want to have it 2 track tank like design so it will have the in place turning
so i'm thinking i'll build a chassie put some treads on and 2 dc motors. and it will be wired up somehow so the four functions (forward, right, left, rev) will be controlled by 2 DPDT switches
this will be in a wired controller

and since i'm just feeding power directly to the motor's they'll move really fast and i need someway to slow them down yet still have plenty of torque as the robot will be moving pool balls (yes pool balls)

i found this to use to move the robot, but i dont know how it goes in reverse, do you have to reverse the voltage to do that?

i also need some mechanism to manipulate 1 or 2 pool balls, maybe a fork life thing, pistons, or i dunno something
this would need to move between 2 predefined points, how would i do that?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP! :)

im sorry but i dont know ANYTHING about this robotics thing
so with the H-bridge how woulld i control the motors?
i know what PWM is but how would i go about controlling this and how to make it work along withe the H-bridge

i also have NO IDEA on which parts to get
i would REALLY appreciate it if you could recommend some parts which will do the job
thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back