Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a simple RF Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam3

I have seen a RF detector made by using: a ohm meter touching the leads to two seperate zener diodes and hooking a antenna to the other side of the diodes. My question is: Can anyone give me advice on which type of zener diode would I use (v/ watt)? Any help is much appreciated.

depends on how simple, do you want a broad detection or just a narrow range of frequencies, keep in mind there a lot of transmitters around eg cell phones. For a narrow band detector, use 2 1/4 wave dipoles attached to a germanium diode isolated from the leads to the voltmeter by small air wound inductors.

Broad detection? Hee, hee. Just look for broads.

Do you want to pickup every radio station, TV station and taxi cab radio in town all at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back