Building a motion sensor circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

stef10

Hey guys, im working at a schoolproject with a friend of mine where we are bulding an entire alarmsystem with several alarms and a central station which handles these alarms.

I am trying to construct a proper working motion sensor circuit and have found an idea with the use of IR diodes. Also I would like to include some ambient light filtration.

In the included file there is a sender circuit, which includes a timer circuit which sends impulses into a comparator. I have a diode connected in the right side which sends pulses of light out. This diode is connected to a voltage source so I can send some strong and powerful pulses without burning the diode out.

In the receiver part I have a narrowband amplifier and the circuit as a whole should filtrate the light away. I would like to say I have not made these myself but found the receiver and sender from different circuits and would like to put them together. I would like to hear your opinion about this setup and if it will work or you have some ideas which may make the circuit as a whole more easy.

Any help is appreciated, thansk

Attachments

• Motion Sensor Ci&#114.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
There's no point in having a comparator, the 555 can drive the transistor directly. It has a maximum output current of 200mA which is nearly enough for the IR diode.

so you think I can place the timer circuit itself instead of the part with the comparator so that the output of the timer goes into the transistor?

do you happen to know a solution you can point me towards to solve the 12V, -12V problem in the receiver part?

How about using one of the IR remote-control receivers used in TV sets, etc. I used one for an IR beam-break detector, and was able to get a several feet range even in sunlight. They run on a single 5V supply, and cost about a $1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…